I really do enjoy my weekends. They always give me a plethora of ideas to talk about, and this weekend was no exception. I have to admit, I had one of the best Saturday nights that I’ve had in a long time. I won’t go into it, of course, but I do want you to get ready to feel a connection. So, in the spirit of warm fuzzies, make a fuzzy navel and enjoy Drinks with Jess.
Women are attracted to those whom they feel a connection with. This one is tricky, because what does it take to make them feel connected? I already discussed how people feel attracted to people via body language and voice, but here’s another secret – it starts with you! Remember, we teach others how to treat us. We equally lead them to feel a certain way about us and around us. So here are my top 10 things that women need to feel and create a connection, and your part in it.
1. She wants to feel positive around you. Be confident, be excited about life, and display high energy. When you have fun, laugh and don’t take life too seriously, this allows her to see you, herself, and the world in a positive light too.
2. She wants to feel that you see her and understand her for who she truly is. Don’t try to impress her. Don’t try to hide. See the true self that you are so you can see it in her.
3. She wants to feel comfortable and safe around you. Let her be herself around you. Let her express her thoughts, feelings, and opinions without worrying about being judged or getting hurt.
4. She wants to feel sexy and desirable, and she wants to feel desire for you. Being confident in your own sexuality and showing that you know that her sexuality is hers to own, she will feel more confident in expressing it.
5. She wants to feel your support. Don’t try to fix her, rescue her, or fix a problem that she is having. Let her handle her own situations and issues, but be willing to “hear” her when or if she decides she wants to tell you about it.
6. She wants to feel free of obligation. Be genuine when doing something. Don’t have any expectations of getting something in return, so she won’t feel obligated or pressured into doing something because you did something for her.
7. She wants to feel equal. Don’t make her feel beneath you, and at the same time, don’t put on a pedestal. Treat her as the human being that she is. Although, a little charm does go a long way.
8. She wants to feel like you’re on the same team. A great way to establish this is using body language when observing your surroundings together by standing or sitting side by side.
9. She wants to feel secure. Stand up for yourself and your beliefs, and by all means, voice your opinions. She’ll know that you’ll stand up for her as well.
10. She wants to feel certain about you. Do not doubt yourself for one minute about anything! Do not let your insecurities take over. If you doubt you, she will doubt you.
So there you have it, dear readers! These are my top 10 things that women need to feel in order to create a connection. For more detail on these concepts, check out my book, “Seeking Her, Knowing You.” But without a doubt, I want you to feel all warm and fuzzy inside by joining me again next week for Drinks with Jess!
Jess is a dating coach, best selling author, and radio personality in Philadelphia. She provides the LGBTQ community with no-nonsense, straight forward advice to understanding your mind in order to navigate the complex dating scene and go after and get the people you desire.